Wondering How to Earn Your 500 Experience Hours for Certification??? We May Have a Solution for You! Good afternoon, PSCFL Members!
Magellan Complete Care has recently launched an apprenticeship program to provide individuals interested in becoming a Certified Recovery Peer Specialist (CRPS) with a roadMAP to a successful career as a peer specialist. MCC’s Peer Specialist Apprenticeship Program, using the roadMAP, provides the necessary paid on-the-job experience, training, mentoring, and support to successfully pursue a career as a peer specialist. Apprentice positions are paid, part-time, and time-limited.
APPLY HERE TODAY (click me!)Why an Apprenticeship?
What Will a MAP Apprentice Receive?
- A high school or GED level is necessary to provide peer support that is evidence based.
- Current training opportunities in Florida are disparate due to geography and the lack of consistent training.
- For peers transitioning off disability, there is added pressure to make the peer specialist career work. The MAP will provide the confidence and assistance needed for these individuals to make a successful transition.
- There are few opportunities for peer specialists to gain experience working in the field, making it difficult for them to obtain certification as a Recovery Peer Specialist.
- Working alongside experienced employed peer specialists will provide better preparation for the expectations of their role as a peer specialist, as under preparedness is one of the biggest reports for poor retention in the workforce.
- Peer Specialists are often hired in isolation and lack guidance and support from other experienced peer specialists.
- Access to a comprehensive catalog of free training through the Magellan Training Academy;
- One-on-one mentorship and support by an experienced peer specialist;
- Regular opportunities to connect with and support other MAP apprentices;
- Career assistance resources;
- Paid on-the-job experience that can be applied toward the required 500 experience hours for the Recovery Peer Specialist certification.
Are you interested in this incredible job experience that not only pays you to learn, but also earn hours toward your certification and prepare you for a career as a Certified Recovery Peer Specialist? If you are interested, click the link below to apply today! If you want to learn more, download and review the Core Components of MAP document below.
APPLY HERE TODAY (click me!)Please include with your resume a cover letter outlining any training or experience you have and why you want to pursue a career as a peer specialist.
Core Components of MAP
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
© 2020 Peer Support Coalition of Florida