1. Provide peer support and encouragement to participants. Ensure quality peer-based services.
2. Complete needs and strengths assessment with clients.
3. Work with staff to ensure well-rounded services to participants. Assist with engagement of participants in community based activities.
4. Advocates for and links the client with identified needed services and resources. Participant follow up, evaluation and data collection as needed..
5. Ensure quality internal and external customer care and service. Provides education and support, as needed.
6. Provide empowerment, support and motivation to participants.
7. Participates as a team member and contributes to the enhancement of the department and agency.
8. Performs other duties as assigned/required.
Candidates must have:
· Lived experience with mental illness, substance use, or both
· Active Recovery for minimum of two years
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Computer Literate
· Peer Specialist Certification or be certification eligible with the Florida Certification Board
· Valid Driver’s License
· A desire to see lives changed