Mental Health Resource Center, a comprehensive mental health center and Joint Commission accredited organization, is seeking a Peer Specialist to join Adult Florida Assertive Community Treatment (FACT) program in the Jacksonville Northside area.
The FACT Program is a multi-disciplinary, clinical team which assumes responsibility for directly providing needed treatment, rehabilitation and support services to adult persons with severe and persistent mental illness promoting recovery, empowerment, self-determination and decision-making for each FACT participant.
The FACT Peer Specialist has personal, practical knowledge and experiences as a recipient of mental health services and is willing to share these for the benefit of the team and the persons served by the FACT team. Provides needed treatment, rehabilitation, and support services to individuals served by the FACT Program in order to reduce or eliminate the need for hospitalization and to enhance their independence, autonomy and quality of life. Promotes recovery, empowerment, self-determination and decision-making for each FACT participant.
Some of the responsibilities of the FACT team include providing clinical and supportive services through advocacy, crisis intervention, assessments, evaluations, treatment planning, case management and medication management. Participants are also provided with community referrals, symptom education, work-related vocational and educational services, social and interpersonal relationship training, and support for the participants’ families and care givers.
Most of a FACT team member\'s day is spent in the community completing many of the above duties. Only about 15% of their time is spent in the office. Company vehicles are available, however members of the FACT team also need to use their personal vehicles to provide services.
The FACT team operates beyond normal business hours, rotates holiday and weekend responsibilities, and rotates an emergency on-call cell phone.
The Mental Health Resource Center manages 9 out of the 32 FACT programs in the state of Florida: Rockledge/Brevard, Tampa, Naples, Clearwater, Kissimmee, Winter Haven, Gainesville and two teams in Jacksonville.
Some of the responsibilities of the FACT Peer Specialist position include but are not limited to:
· Provides treatment, rehabilitation, and support services as assigned.
· Provides direct services to persons served by the program on an individual, group and family basis.
· Participates in daily organizational meetings.
· Advocates for persons served by the program to ensure acquisition of necessary social services to include activities of daily living, including medical, dental, legal, housing, and entitlements and monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the service and the person’s satisfaction.
· Provides side-by-side assistance to persons served in all aspects of daily living (i.e., assist with housekeeping, budgeting, grocery shopping, etc.).
· Provides services to increase an individual’s social and interpersonal activities (i.e. supportive therapy, social skills development, side-by-side coaching, planning social/leisure time activities, trauma informed care).
· Monitors and documents an individual’s progress or lack of progress upon each visit and where necessary, updates or reassesses the recovery plan in order to better assist the person served to accomplish their recovery goals.
· In order to be considered candidates must have a high school diploma or equivalent and must have previous personal experience as a recipient of mental health services is required.
· Experience working with persons with severe and persistent mental illness preferred.
· Each member of the FACT team must meet MHRC/RBHS vehicle driver requirements, to include a valid Florida Driver\'s License, automobile insurance coverage equaling $200,000 and no more than eight points on their license for any combination of violations.
· Strong communication skills are essential and this individual must be able to interact appropriately with internal and external customers, including families, caregivers, community service providers, supervisory staff and other department professionals.
· Each FACT team member contributes to the completeness and confidentiality of clinical records by ensuring documentation, paperwork and system entries meet internal and external guidelines for content, accuracy and timeliness.
Candidates may send a resume to Mental Health Resource Center, Attn: Human Resources PO Box 19249 Jacksonville, Florida 32245-9249. For more information, please call 904-743-1883 extension 7206. Faxed resumes are also welcome at 904-493-5910. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us on the web at www.mhrcflorida.com click on the ‘Join Our Team’ tab.
NOTE TO APPLICANT:
All employees of Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems and Mental Health Resource Center are required to complete a criminal background screen. All employment offers are contingent upon completion of the criminal background screen with satisfactory results. It is essential that all information on the application be completed accurately. A conviction will not necessarily disqualify applicants from employment.
Renaissance Behavioral Health Systems and Mental Health Resource Center encourage all applicants to take advantage of opportunities for hire, and if internal applicant, transfers, promotions, and advancement, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, handicap, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.