The primary focus is to assist clients with functioning in the least restrictive environment. The peer counselor is responsible for, linking, monitoring, and advocating for all assigned clients. The peer counselor assures that all assigned clients received the most appropriate services available to meet their identified needs.
REQUIRED ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Provide individual, family and group coaching
.2. Provide supportive counseling and crisis intervention as needed
3. Monitors individual client progress on a regular basis.
4. Complete all necessary documentation and maintain records.
5. Adheres to agency policies and procedures, safety guidelines, business ethics and dress code.
6. Communicate effectively orally and written.
7. Performs all other duties as assigned.
8. Obtain and maintain Florida Certification for Recovery Peer Specialist
Supervises: No supervisory responsibilities___________0_______________
Total numbers of employees directly supervising_____________
Number of employees indirectly supervising_________________
Age of Patient Population Served _____Pre-School (3-5yrs)
Check all that apply _____School age (6-12yrs)
___x__Young adult (19-44yrs)
___x_Adult/middle age (45-65yrs)
_____Later adult/geriatric (65yrs and older)
Internal Contacts __x___Patients
Check all that apply __x__Providers(i.e., physicians)
__x_ Staff (i.e., clinical and admin, support)
External Contacts __x__Patients
___x_Community agencies and advocates
Minimum Work Experience:
Experience as a consumer in Community Mental Health required.
REQUIRED LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS(Clinical or professional licenses or certifications required for and employee to obtain this job) N/A
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Must maintain stability and recovery. Ability to drive, must possess a valid Florida Driver’s license and good driving record. Must be able to travel throughout the community to work with clients. Must be able to work with clients in their home environment and in the inpatient units.