The CLEAR Warm Line is a peer support helpline for individuals living with emotional and mental health challenges who are not currently in crisis. Calls are answered by Certifed Recovery Peer Specialists who use their lived experience to connect with callers and provide emotional support, comfort, and information.
*Peer Support Operators work remotely*
· Provide one-on-one peer support to every caller in accordance with recovery-oriented trainings and practices
· Use the virtual phone system
· Keep all documentation current
· Outreach to treatment centers, community groups, and providers to promote the CLEAR Warm Line
· Must be proficient in using Excel, Dropbox, and smartphone apps
· Must have a working understanding of the core principals of Intentional Peer Support
· Understand Trauma-Informed Peer Support or agree to be trained
· Understand Whole Health and Resiliency or agree to training
· Attend supervision meetings
· Complete required trainings as needed
· Work actively as a team member and keep open lines of communication with the members of the CLEAR team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Ability to remain present with callers who present a wide range of topics and challenges
· Motivational Interviewing skills
· Trauma-Informed Care sensitivity when connecting with callers
· Intentional Peer Support core principles
· The ability to use empathy appropriately
· The utilization and knowledge of WRAP and wellness tools
· Advocacy and education about individual rights
· Ability to learn how to use the virtual phone system including an application for computer/tablet/smartphone
· Knowledge of family and consumer issues relating to mental health
· Knowledge of pregnancy and substance abuse issues
· Excel at researching resources for information and referral
· Ability to work remotely
· Use the power of your lived experience to serve others
The Peer Support Operator should demonstrate competency in the following:
· Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
· Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
· Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
· Flexibility: Ability to go with the flow a must for this position.
· Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
· Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
· Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
· Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
· Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Must be a Certified Recovery Peer Specialist
· Level I WRAP Certified
· Education or experience in a related field preferred
CLEAR is a team of creative, fun, passionate people who are also peer specialists. We are looking for someone with a team mentality who is passionate about the unique journey of mental health recovery. A CLEAR team member is reliable, open, honest, accountable, and supportive of all teammates both personally and professionally.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com