Peer Support Operators work remotely.
· Provide one-on-one peer support in accordance with recovery-oriented trainings and practices
· Use the virtual phone system to answer the line during your scheduled shift
· Complete call logs to appropriately document details of calls received
· Keep all documentation current
· Report concerning or critical calls to the Line Coordinator for referral to Managing Entities
· Outreach to treatment centers, community groups, and providers to promote the CLEAR Warm Line
· The ability to use good listening skills and lead with empathy when connecting with callers
· Must be proficient in using Excel, Dropbox, and smart phone apps
· Must have a working understanding of the core principals of Intentional Peer Support
· Understand Trauma Informed Peer Support or agree to be trained
· Understand Whole Health and Resiliency or agree to training
· Attend supervision meetings
· Complete required trainings as needed
· Keep open lines of communication with the members of the CLEAR team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Ability to remain calm with callers who present a wide range of topics and challenges
· Motivational Interviewing skills
· Trauma-Informed Care sensitivity when connecting with callers
· Intentional Peer Support core principles
· The ability to use empathy appropriately
· The utilization and knowledge of WRAP and wellness tools
· Advocacy and education about individual rights
· Ability to learn how to use the virtual phone system including an application for computer/tablet/smartphone
· Knowledge of family and consumer issues relating to mental health
· Knowledge of pregnancy and substance abuse issues
· Excel at researching resources for information and referral
· Ability to work remotely
· Use the power of your lived experience to empower others
The Peer Support Operator should demonstrate competency in the following:
· Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
· Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
· Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
· Flexibility: Ability to go with the flow a must for this position.
· Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
· Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
· Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
· Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
· Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Must be a Certified Recovery Peer Specialist in good standing
· Level I WRAP Certified
· Education or experience in a related field preferred
· Proficiency in the use of computers including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Dropbox, and Internet search engines
· Personal computer with Microsoft Office programs
· Reliable smartphone with screen intact; capable of downloading the phone system app