Recovery Support Specialist Outpatient
Company InfoACTS, Inc.
1 Tampa General CircleTampa, FL 33606
- Adheres to agency designated model for treating persons with substance and/or co-occurring mental disorders; promotes consumer\'s self-determination, personal responsibility and empowerment inherent in self-directed recovery; facilitates and teaches clients role recovery elements such as engagement in the recovery process, developing readiness for work or meaningful life activities, choosing valued roles and achieving these roles in the community
- Conducts psycho-educational groups; assists consumer in peer group support to facilitate problem solving, communication skills development and personal growth; support in achieving recovery goals as reflected in the consumer\'s screening, assessment, treatment plan or discharge summary.
- Provides services within area/s of competency, i.e. life experience, training, certification, education or other background in the service area; seeks direction from Program Director/Administrator when clients\' needs fall outside area/s of competency and maintains up-to-date knowledge and written materials of community resources and recovery philosophy.
- Performs related work as required / assigned.
- The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to position.
Experience / Education Required
- High school and three years of direct service experience in a substance abuse or mental health treatment or recovery setting. Personal recovery experience will be considered on a year for year basis for up to two years of the required experience. A Bachelor\'s degree in a health or human services field may substitute for two years of the experience.
- Must possess competencies specific to the service/s provided. Competencies may include life experience, training, certification, education or other background in the service area.
Hours / Days:
3pm-11pm Mon-Fri - Full TimeWages:
This position promotes client\'s self-determination, personal responsibility and empowerment inherent in self-directed recovery; facilitates and teaches clients role recovery elements. This position represents ACTS, Inc. at Tampa General Hospital (TGH), located in Tampa, Florida. All employees are expected to effectively support the agency\'s mission to provide consumer-centered care to those with substance disorders or with co-occurring substance and psychiatric disorders. Employees are expected to engage consumers in continuing care and treatment by using interventions which are diagnosis-specific, and communicate empathically with clients regarding addiction, mental illness, medications and recovery.
ACTS has been serving the Florida community since 1978, providing individualized behavioral health services in substance abuse and mental health. ACTS provides and manages a broad array of behavioral health services, including prevention, acute care and stabilization, treatment and support services in the arenas of substance abuse, co-occurring substance abuse and mental illness, child protection, delinquency, criminal justice, housing, economic self-sufficiency, health and wellness. ACTS has combined excellence and compassion with best practice to address addiction through a variety of services to help achieve recovery. Our goal is to provide the most cost effective substance abuse and mental health treatment with the highest level of care.