Youth Recovery Peer Support Specialist
Company InfoDirections for Living
8823 115th Ave NLargo, FL 33773
727 524 email@example.comContact Person(s)
This position will play an integral role of support, coaching and guidance for children and families involved in the System of Care in Pinellas and Pasco County. The Youth Peer Support Specialist will work with the youth, case managers, school social workers, DJJ, child welfare, family/caregivers and other agency staff to enhance the quality of life for children and youth ages 10-16 years old.
- Serves as a role model and mentor children and youth in the system of care by sharing lived experiences with mental illness, Adverse Childhood Experiences and/or substance use to provide hope for children, and youth.
- Provide assistance in accessing community resources
- Support, enhance, and compliment the services provided by the In-Home counselor, Targeted Case Manager and Wraparound Facilitator which includes assessments, planning, linkage, advocacy, and monitoring.
- Ensures that the needs of the youth population being served are addressed by the system of care in a manner that represents their cultural and linguistic background.
- Provide information/education to youth and families on systems of care principles.
- Engage with youth to identify strengths, natural supports and resources of the family through a \'strengths chat\' approach.
- Provides recovery education, training and outreach to empower youth voice and choice in system of care activities.
- Promotes and ensures the principles of Cultural and Linguistic Competency within systems of Care.
- Collaborates with Family, Children, and Youth organizations in the system of care
- Produce and maintain accurate and timely documentation
- High School diploma or equivalent and experience with community-based behavioral health.
- Certification as a Certified Recovery Peer Specialist will be required within twelve (12) months of hire. Been in recovery for a minimum of 1 year from a substance use or mental health condition preferred.
- At least 3 years\' experience with community-based behavioral health.
- Proficient in the use of social marketing and media outlets, including Facebook and Twitter, etc...
- Public speaking experience; Above-average oral communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of wraparound process and SOC model preferred; and strong commitment to child and family centered services.
- In-depth understanding of Florida public mental health/substance abuse system, including treatment protocols and system of care principles and values. Understanding of Recovery Oriented System of Care values and principles.
- Ability to represent SOC GRANT well at funder, provider and community venues.
- Must have vehicle to travel throughout Pinellas and Pasco Counties as required by the position.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple tasks and prioritize to meet grant data reporting deadlines and other action step deadlines of statewide directives.
- Understands the principles of Cultural and Linguistic Competency within systems of Care.
EOE/ADA/DFW/SMOKE FREE CAMPUS
Hours / Days:
- Full TimeWages:
© 2019 Peer Support Coalition of Florida