The Peer Specialist Skills Discovery Conference is a three-day training targeted for individuals all across Florida working as Certified Recovery Peer Specialists to discover and learn new skills to enhance their ability to obtain employment in the mental health field. We believe that peer support is an essential element of successful communities that is integral to mental health and substance abuse recovery. Mental health and substance abuse support services make use of empathy and empowerment to help support and inspire recovery.
Presentations and Workshops will include the following topics:
Criminal Justice involved populations; History of the Mental Health Movement, Wellness and Resiliency, Care Coordination; Family and Welfare, Overview of Intentional Peer Support; Ethics and Personal Boundaries for Peers; Florida Legislative Advocacy; Substance use and Co-Occurring issues.
*Continuing Education Units(CEU)’s can be obtained.
For Sponsorship Opportunities and levels please email email@example.com for more information
- Scholarship -If you would like to apply for a scholarship that includes lodging and meals (dinner on your own) and attendance to the conference, please select the scholarship ticket and complete the questionnaire. One of our hosts will contact you and let you know if you are eligible for a scholarship. We do not reimburse for travel; however, it may be possible to link you to someone in your area for a car pool.
- Organization will pay– If your employer or organization is going to pay for you to attend: Please select paid by organization ticket and complete the questionnaire. The employer or organization will be responsible for paying lodging and meals (dinner on your own). The approximate costs for the lodging:
Lodging for 3 Nights: $462.00 (134.00 daily rate)
3 Continental Breakfasts $48.00
3 Break Snacks $45.00
3 Cold Plate Lunches $44.00
Total: $599.00 ($600.00 rounded)
*There is a 13% tax on rooms and there is also a 22% service charge and 7% FL Sales Tax added to all food.
- Self-Pay- If you are paying on your own please select self-pay ticket. Approximate costs are listed above. Please complete the questionnaire. FOR SCHOLARSHIPS FOR MEALS ONLY AND NO LODGING (DINNER IS ON YOUR OWN), PLEASE SELECT SELF PAY. Under the questionnaire line: Please share anything about yourself that you believe is relevant to your obtaining a scholarship for the Peer Specialist Skills Discovery Conference, add that you are “APPLYING FOR A SCHOLARSHIP FOR MEALS ONLY AND DO NOT NEED LODGING”. Scholarships do not include Dinners and Travel Expenses.
- Presenters– If you have submitted a proposal to become a presenter and have been selected as a presenter- please note that the night before your presentation and the presentation day meals (dinner on your own) will be covered. Please select this ticket type so we can track this information.
* Everyone needs to complete the registration and questionnaire so that we can have a count of participants. Please make sure and let us know of anything you might require to ensure that you have a great experience at the conference. There will be a sign-in sheet daily at each event at the conference. If you do not show up or participate daily at the conference your scholarship may be in jeopardy or you may be charged a small fee for non-attendance. Please let one of the hosts know as soon as possible if you are unable to attend or need to leave the conference for emergency purposes.
Interested in volunteering? (please let us know this is in the questionnaire)
; Vet presentations by reviewing them and submitting criteria through Survey Monkey.
; Assist in reaching out to organizations to see if they would sponsor this event. Locate local mental health providers who want to set up tables at the event.
; Reach out to possible volunteers, coordinate and schedule tasks to be accomplished during the event. Make sure we have volunteers who collect all of the evaluations after each presentation.
; Monitor tracking of registration for attendees and presenters. Coordinate and collaborate with the Sirata Beach Resort on any issues that many arise. At the event, sit at the registration table and make sure all attendees are registered.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact Eileen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Betsey at email@example.com. We look forward to your participation at the conference.
REGISTER HERE: Peer Specialist Skills Discovery Conference