FEATURED JOB POSTING*
The Peer Support Coalition of Florida is hiring! Please see the job opportunity below for more information. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Cheryl, email@example.com
, with “TRAINING COORDINATOR RESUME/COVER LETTER” as the subject line.
Position Title: Training Coordinator
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: Longwood, FL
Status: Part-Time 50% Non-Exempt (paid by the hour) $15 – $19 per hour
Peer Support Coalition of Florida, Inc. (PSCFL) is a peer-run nonprofit organization and the statewide network of peers, peer specialists, family members and friends of peers, and community partners who are dedicated to advancing peer support in Florida through peer specialist workforce development, promoting full integration of peer and recovery-oriented services, and collaborating for social and systems transformation.
This position provides the needed support to implement and manage a training and curriculum development services contract between the organization and Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF) The Training Coordinator assists the Executive Director/Project Manager in conducting trainings, marketing, executing, and evaluating training programs and supporting curriculum development activities for Florida. The coordinator is responsible for the production of the annual statewide training schedule. In addition, they assist with the coordination of contracted trainers and curriculum consultants, training logistics, training evaluation, and program reporting.
The Training Coordinator generally works Monday through Friday during the day but may need to flex their schedule to meet programming and staffing needs in the evening, on the weekend, and occasionally on a holiday. This is a highly visible, person-centric position that requires the ability to problem solve, use initiative, and build relationships every day.
- Create and manage the annual training schedule as per contract requirements.
- Manage training and curriculum logistics and coordination with contractors, trainers, and participants. Handles travel arrangements; and produces detailed itineraries and other travel-related documents for trainings.
- Maintains registration and conducts follow up calls/emails related to reservation confirmations and database information for participant mailing lists.
- Provide support in recruitment, retention, and scheduling of contractors, trainers and volunteer trainers to ensure they are adequately informed of logistics, duties and responsibilities.
- Plan, carry out, and measure training programs of various training types. Will serve as primary or back-up trainer for identified programs.
- Prepare periodic publications (i.e. monthly newsletter, flyers, posters, social media posts, etc.) that promote trainings to peer community.
- Work closely with other staff as directed by Project Manager for cross-contract events and activities.
- Assist the Executive Director/Project Manager with the measurement of program and training outcomes and the collection of feedback regarding program and training activities to validate offerings and meet contract requirements.
- Maintain standard operating procedures for programs that aid in the continuity of service.
- Prepare evaluations and statistical reports to recap activities, as required.
- Provide general administrative support including memos, reports, thank you letters, manuals, and donation acknowledgments related to the trainings offered.
- Maintain inventory of all training supplies and replenish as needed.
- Manage and coordinate deliveries of supplies, drop-offs, etc. to training locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Certified Recovery Peer Specialist (CRPS).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a trainer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing or social services or at least two years of relevant work experience and high school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer software programs, including Microsoft Office.
- Must be knowledgeable, comfortable, and capable of using social media to promote the events and reach of the organization and program.
- Ability to interact with various groups including host organizations, trainers, training participants and volunteers.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
- Polished and professional organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be detail-oriented, flexible, and self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks and remain calm in hectic situations. Must be able to use discretion and tact when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Ability to creatively respond to unplanned events; flexibility and willingness to work on various projects as needed.
- Will be required to work a flexible schedule with occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed to support scheduled trainings.
- Able to regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be a solid team player with an optimistic attitude and positive influence on organizational culture.
This is a part-time position and benefits are not offered at this time.
TRAINING COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
* Featured jobs are highlighted by a notice sent directly to our members. If you would like to sponsor a featured job please contact us for pricing at firstname.lastname@example.org.